Search This Blog

Monday, 7 November 2011

Ode to the Negro

This is me
I am more than the eyes can see
More than this physical body
I do not live by it only
there is my soul, my spirit
My aura
A solitary yet self sufficient fauna
I am unique like no other
The world is my mother
Africa my father
I am courageous and bold
Like my ancestors of old
I am in tune with mother nature
I fill her ever-wanting aperture
I stand alone; the Creator my backing
and give her whatever she's lacking
A very complicated entity
I'm more unfathomable than the deep blue sea
Yet easy to be with
My words are soothing and sweet
When you lay supine
breathing the scent of a nearby pine
you remember me and smile
forget you troubles for a while
that is the effect I have on you
For I am guileless, I am true

No comments:

Post a Comment